Abarth 204A Spider Motto 1950
Abarth & Co. was established as a company in Bologna in 1949 by the Austrian motorcycle racing rider and entrepreneur Carlo Abarth, who was living in Italy. A little later the registered office of the company moved to Turin. Abarth is famous as a tuner of Fiat, Simca and Alfa Romeo cars but the company also produced a number of exciting special designs for road use and motor sport, almost always powered by engines with small displacements. The first racing cars for the “Squadra Carlo Abarth”, as Abarth called his own racing team, were produced in 1950 and were based on vehicles he had bought up from automaker Cisitalia, which had just gone into liquidation. This small racing car is regarded as the first automobile to bear the brand name Abarth. Naturally, Carlo Abarth enabled the 1100 cc. four cylinder engine to generate a particularly robust output. This was to result in a series of astounding successes on the race track with famous racing drivers like Tazio Nuvolari. Under the designation Abarth 204A, only 7 cars were built in Turin which differed from each other in various nuanced details.
This Abarth 204A Spider with freestanding front wings was bodied by coachbuilder Motto in Turin. This Abarth 204A Spider was presented by its owner Sergio Alberto Lugo from Argentina at the 2012 Concorso d’Eleganza in Villa d’Este.
Wallpapers : Abarth 204A Spider Motto 1950