Koenigsegg Agera One:1 2014
Koenigsegg 20th Year Anniversary
The journey of Koenigsegg, since inception, is truly incredible. It all started on August 12th 1994 when a young man, aged 22, set out to realize his childhood dream. A young man fuelled by passion, ingenuity and mind-bending will.
Christian von Koenigsegg had just made up his mind to live his dream and start his own car company. The odds were stacked against him. It was a now or never moment.
His idea was to create a sports car that he felt did not currently exist and one which he believed would be desired – two essential necessities for success, Christian felt.
The concept: A lightweight mid-engined car, with a detachable, stowable hardtop. A wrap-around screen for good visibility and aerodynamics. Short overhangs with two large intercooler intakes on the side of the car, behind the mass center to aid high speed stability.
A car that looked and felt good with the top up, as well as in roadster guise, transformed in minutes with the hard top neatly tucked away inside the car. A car with a timeless efficient appearance that ages like good wine.
This was a mid-engine car concept that did not exist at the time. The CC8S was born. Every Koenigsegg created since includes this simple but effective DNA and stay true to Christian’s original vision.
It has been an amazing ride. From boyhood dream to a shining, all-conquering and powerful reality. It’s awe-inspiring stuff that dreams are made of.
Five production models with as many Guinness production car records later - it is a fact, Koenigsegg has exploded on to the scene and is here to stay.
When Christian is asked what his greatest achievement is - he says without hesitation: -Living the dream! Just imagine what the next 20 years will hold.
Koenigsegg Agera One:1 2014
Some 100 Koenigsegg have been sold and now appears the Agera One:1 with 440 kph ( 274 mph) announced top speed. Here are the main features of the Koenigsegg Agera One:1 as announced by the manufacturer .
• Worlds first 1:1 (One:1) power to curb weight ratio homologated production car (1340 kg/ 1341 hp)
• World’s first Megacar - 1 Megawatt of power homologated production car
• 2 G cornering capability on road legal production cup tires
• 610 kg down force at 260 km/h (160 mph) utilizing advanced active under and over body aerodynamics
• Chassis with active ride height and shock absorbers including variable stiffness spring ratios
• Fully active aero with independent left and right front flaps under front splitter and hydraulically actuated top mounted dual plane rear wing
• 3G and GPS controlled Predictive Active Chassis and Aero Track Mode
• 3G connection for telemetry, performance, lap times and software upgrades, including owners iPhone app
• 20% lighter carbon chassis and body due to implementation of M46J & M55J high modulus fibers
• 3D-VGT - Koenigsegg patented 3D printed variable turbo housing – gives improved response and bottom-end torque
• Koenigsegg developed carbon fiber ventilated memory foam racing seats
• 3D printed titanium exhaust end piece saves 400 grams compared to Aluminum counterpart
• Active noise canceling seat option
• Top Speed – has not been a priority, as the One:1 is a track focused car - however, the One:1 is anticipated to be, the world’s fastest homologated production car, with a simulated top speed of > 440 km/h, due to high power and high rpm capability in combination with strong tires and active aero
• Many more exiting and new features will be present at the show
• One:1 program fully pre-sold prior to introduction
Koenigsegg Agera One:1 Specifications :
Chassis : advanced high modulus carbon fibre chassis with F1 style honeycomb core and integrated fuel tanks for optimal weight distribution and safety. Monocoque torsional rigidity: 65.000 Nm/degree. Weight: 72 kg. Double wishbones, active ride height control and bevel carbon fibre springs with variable spring ratio. Triplex damper in the rear. Needle bearings and o-ringed wishbone bushings. Fully machined aerospace grade aluminium uprights with SKF LeMans specification 150 mm angle contact ball bearings. GKN hollow/gun-drilled driveshafts. Koenigsegg Z-style progressive and lightweight anti-roll bars front and rear.
Engine- Koenigsegg aluminium 5 Litre V8, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts with flexi-fuel capability. Compression 9,0:1, Bore 92 mm, Stroke 95,25 mm, Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Variable geometry twin turbochargers. 1,8 bars boost pressure. Dry sump lubrication. Carbon fibre intake manifold with optimized intake tracts. Tig-welded ceramic coated inconel exhaust system manifold with merge collector. Weight 197 kg. Power output 1 MW (1341 hp) at 7500 rpm. Torque over 1000 Nm from 3000 to 8000 rpm. Maximum torque 1371 Nm at 6000 rpm.
Transmission - Specially developed 7-speed dual clutch, 1 input shaft transmission with paddle-shift, Electronic differential.
Body - Two door, two seater with fixed roof. Body made from pre-impregnated carbon fibre/kevlar and lightweight sandwich reinforcements.
Dimensions and Performances - Length 4500 mm, width 2060 mm, height 1150 mm, wheelbase 2662 mm, curb weight 1360 kg (complete car ready to drive with 50% fuel and 100% fluids). 0-400 kph (249 mph) in approximately 20 seconds, 400-0 kph in approximately 10 seconds. expected top speed 440 kph (274 mph).
Wallpapers : Koenigsegg Agera One:1 2014 (click on image to enlarge)
: Related reviews