Lancia Aurelia B56 Florida 1955 by Pinin Farina
Since the Lancia Company was founded in 1906, the name has been the epitome of sporting successes, elegance and technical innovations. The Lancia Aurelia presented for the first time in 1950 was one of the most innovative automobiles of the time. It had the first V6 engine produced in large-scale production, independent suspension on all four wheels and a transmission mounted with the rear axle for better weight distribution.
Alongside the standard version, extended chassis were produced specifically for the famous Italian coachbuilders as a platform for exclusive styling creations. The Florida model shown here from designer Pinin Farina was built on one of the only four chassis with B56 specifications from Series IV built. It is regarded as the stylistic precursor to the subsequent Lancia Flaminia.
This four—doors Berlina was purchased by a customer from America when it was presented at the Turin Motor Show in 1956 before returning to Italy from the USA more than forty years later.
This Lancia Aurelia B56 Florida 1955 was introduced by Corrado Lopresto from Italy at the 2010 Villa d’Este Concorso d’Eleganza. The engine is a six cylinder with 2266 cc capacity.
Wallpapers: Lancia Aurelia B56 Florida 1955 by Pinin Farina (click on image to enlarge)