Maserati A6GCS Berlinetta Pinin Farina 1953
This Maserati A6GCS was the first of four two-litre six cylinder Maserati with body by Pinin Farina in 1953/1954 before the coachbuilder from Turin focused mainly on Ferrari. The four Maserati A6GCS berlinettas were ordered by Mimmo Dei from Rome, who represented the carmaker with trident emblem on the Italian market.
The car described here was intended for the Italian Count - Conte Paolo Gravina di Catina- who competed with it at the Giro de Sicilia. Unfortunately, a serious accident occured on this 1080 km race around Sicily and the car was returned to the factory for repairs. Although the owner paid the bill, he never came to collect the Maserati. Many years passed by until 1991 when Alessandro de Tomaso decided to have the A6GCS restored at Carrozzeria Campana, and in 1994 the two-litre berlinetta once again looked magnificient. Two years later, de Tomaso put the factory's Maserati collection up for auction but Umberto Panini bought the entire series in advance and the Maserati therefore remained in its country of origin.
Engine 6 cylinder 1985 cc. 160 hp at 7500 rpm -dry weight 740 kg (1630 lb.)- wheelbase 2310mm (92,4 in.)
Introduced at the 2014 Concorso Eleganza Villa d'Este by Matteo Panini, this car won the Mention of Honor in its Class for 100 years Maserati as well as the Trofeo Auto & Design for the most exciting design by the Jury.
Wallpapers :Maserati A6GCS Berlinetta Pinin Farina 1953 (click on image to enlarge)